Making soups can be quite a daunting task – ESPECIALLY Chinese herbal soups, it can be stressful trying to figure out which herbs to use.
With our recipe, you will only need 5 simple ingredients. YES! this soup is SOOO EASY to make! Just stack everything together and let the claypot work its magic. When it’s almost done, add a tiny cup of Huiji Health Tonic. This small cup is enough to give it a herbal flavour kick and nutrition boost!
This is the perfect soup to re-energize ourselves with, after a long day of work!
#themeatmensg #zichar #huiji #herbal #chicken #soup
P.S. Say, if you like our recipe videos, don’t forget to follow our page and share them with your friends. We have many new videos coming up, so stay tuned!
Cooking Time: 2 hour 15 min
Skill level: Basic
- 3 large chicken thighs with drumstick
- 2 carrots
- 15 red dates
- 20g wolfberries
- 1 tsp salt (adjust to preference)
- 1 cup Huiji Health Tonic (Huiji cup)
- 1.5 litres boiling water (or enough to cover chicken)
- Cut 2 carrots into large chunks
- Add carrots to base of claypot
- Lay 3 large chicken thighs on top of carrots
- Add 15 red dates
- Add 1.5 litres boiling water (or enough to cover chicken)
- Add 1 tsp salt (adjust to preference)
- Bring to boil, cover and simmer for 2 hours
- Add 1 cup of Huiji Health Tonic
- Add 20gm Wolfberries
- Cook for another 1 min and serve